Liberty Knowledge, Content and Library Management Solution
Liberty is a high performance solution that will grow and change with the needs of your organisation.
Manage every type of resource – physical, virtual, electronic
- Report on all aspects of library, research and resource centre management including statistics
- Dynamically view graphical reports using real time library data with Analytical Reporting
- Information alerts including real-time reminders
- Facility to create up to seven customised authority files or taxonomies
- Equipment and asset resource management
- 24/7 access from anywhere, anytime
- Predictive text searching
- Clear presentation of results, with easy links to interactive resources
- Staff and clients can manage their own library profiles – reserve, renew, request, alerts/SDI, review and save results
- Faceted search
- Deep digital integration with eResources for direct borrow and download within the public Search interface
- Advanced Federated Search
- Book carousel navigation with available cover images
- Syndetics Solutions and Google book preview integration
- Relevancy ranking
- Quick & easy check-in, claims, subscriptions processes
- Flexible prediction patterns
- Automated check-in processing by publisher barcode
- Ability to catalogue individual journal articles
- Ability to upload contents page
- Instant email notifications of new issues.
- Configurable funds, budgets and cost centres
- Keep track of your library budget at anytime
- Quick entry of catalogue records at the ordering screen
Security and Support Functionality
- Single Sign-On using latest technologies
- Ability to secure access to resources according to user profiles and privileges matching business policies
- Certified T4 hosting facilities available
- Helpdesk facilities via online, email or phone
- SQL Technology
- Microsoft SharePoint and Web portal ready
- Fully web-based, with no application installation required on any client machines
- Responsive Web Design
- Full-text search of catalogue records and electronic files
- Email and SMS functionality
- RFID and self-checkout ready
- URL checker – validates URLs attached to your library’s resources
- Z-Cataloguing – import MARC21 records from libraries and databases around the world
Liberty Flexible Options for Advanced Functionality
Enhance your Liberty Library Management System with dynamic, media rich and engaging optional modules.
LibraryThing for Libraries
With over 500,000 high quality book reviews from LibraryThing.com students can access, rate and review information at a glance as well as share their own opinions with fellow students or a wider library community.
- A collaborative, worldwide database of book reviews
- An interactive, engaging element appealing to users of all ages
- Easy configuration to filter & limit reviews by location
- Customisable look and feel to match your Oliver catalogue
Biostore allows a single card or biometric to be used across applications such as:
- Access Control
- Cashless Catering
- Electronic Registration
- Library Management
- Print and Copy Management
- Vending Machines
- Computer Logon
Even though these applications and services may be supplied by different vendors, users will only need to be registered once in the BioStore database. BioStore then links to an organisation’s database so that additions or changes to user accounts are reflected in all applications.
BioStore works with a wide range of identification methods, including:
- PIN numbers
- Usernames and Passwords
You can enhance your OPAC by subscribing to “more information” about each book. Wherever there are summaries, table of contents, reviews, first chapters and cover images available on the Syndetic Solutions databases, a “more info” link appears in the Softlink system OPAC. The user can then opt to view that additional information “live” by clicking on the link.
Syndetic Solutions – Bowker
Syndetics offers a wealth of descriptive information relating to books, eBooks, audio books, DVDs, and CDs. With Syndetics, you gain access to dozens of content enrichment elements for hundreds of thousands of titles.
- Cover images
- Tables of contents
- Summaries and annotations
- First chapters/excerpts
- Author biographies
- Authoritative reviews
- And more
- Visually appealing for users
- Live link to data—saves time scanning covers
- Author summaries
- Seamless integration with the OPAC.
A perfectly integrated, true federated search engine with access to over 1600 popular research databases for Liberty users. Liberty Federated Search allows you to search multiple data sources, including your local catalogue, in real time, direct from the Liberty search screen. It’s a deeply integrated, cost effective solution, which makes streamlined federated search accessible through Liberty.
eZRead for OverDrive
eZRead modules are also available for Wheelers, EBL and Browns.
Mobile App – Library Link
The Library Link mobile app provides anywhere, anytime access to your school library from your mobile phone. The app allows library users to instantly search, view, reserve or renew loans at home, or on the go. Using QR codes students and staff can download reading lists or search results directly to their phone.
The Library Link Mobile App is suitable for small screen, small device use such as smart phones, it is not required for tablets/iPads.
The Library Link app itself is free and available from iTunes. A one off purchase of a Web API for each School site is required to enable the phone app to communicate with Oliver v5.
Accelerated Reader is a progress monitoring tool designed to motivate students to practice their reading through success.
Our knowledge, content and library system knows which books in your library catalogue have associated quizzes and indicates their level of difficulty and number of points that will be scored. The students can search and locate the books that have quizzes and are within their expected difficulty level.
Benefits of Accelerated Reader:
- Appeals to readers of all capabilities by personalising reading practice to each student’s current level
- Access more than 18,000 quizzes to test the level of reading comprehension
- Assess students’ reading performance and vocabulary growth with quizzes and receive immediate feedback
SIP2 employs barcode and RFID technologies and is tested with a variety of hardware providers. The integration currently works with:
- Self Service Machines
- Security Gates
- OverDrive (eBooks)
- Enables self-checkout for users, reducing staff assistance in this area
- Improves existing circulation methods
- Authentication with the OverDrive system to ensure users will only need to use a single login to Oliver.
- Send students and staff notifications via text message regarding overdue resources, reservation notices or SDI alerts with the Oliver v5 SMS module.
- Quick and automatic communication to students and staff to devices they use on a daily basis
- Save time creating and issuing overdue notifications
Web Services API
- Integrates the library system with other school services such as Student Management and Learning systems
- Enables the library catalogue to be searched directly from the school VLE such as Moodle, Sharepoint and LibGuides
- Enables Oliver v5 to communicate with the Softlink’s mobile phone app, known as Library Link