Liberty Knowledge, Content and Library Management Solution
Liberty is a high performance solution that will grow and change with the needs of your organisation.
Manage every type of resource – physical, virtual, electronic
- Report on all aspects of library, research and resource centre management including statistics
- Dynamically view graphical reports using real time library data with Analytical Reporting
- Information alerts including real-time reminders
- Facility to create up to seven customised authority files or taxonomies
- Equipment and asset resource management
- 24/7 access from anywhere, anytime
- Predictive text searching
- Clear presentation of results, with easy links to interactive resources
- Staff and clients can manage their own library profiles – reserve, renew, request, alerts/SDI, review and save results
- Faceted search
- Deep digital integration with eResources for direct borrow and download within the public Search interface
- Advanced Federated Search
- Book carousel navigation with available cover images
- Syndetics Solutions and Google book preview integration
- Relevancy ranking
- Quick & easy check-in, claims, subscriptions processes
- Flexible prediction patterns
- Automated check-in processing by publisher barcode
- Ability to catalogue individual journal articles
- Ability to upload contents page
- Instant email notifications of new issues.
Security and Support Functionality
- Single Sign-On using latest technologies
- Ability to secure access to resources according to user profiles and privileges matching business policies
- Certified T4 hosting facilities available
- Helpdesk facilities via online, email or phone
- SQL Technology
- Microsoft SharePoint and Web portal ready
- Fully web-based, with no application installation required on any client machines
- Responsive Web Design
- Full-text search of catalogue records and electronic files
- Email and SMS functionality
- RFID and self-checkout ready
- URL checker – validates URLs attached to your library’s resources
- Z-Cataloguing – import MARC21 records from libraries and databases around the world
Liberty Flexible Options for Advanced Functionality
LibraryThing for Libraries
- Self Service Machines
- Security Gates
- OverDrive (eBooks)
Biostore allows a single card or biometric to be used across applications such as:
- Even though these applications and services may be supplied by different vendors, users will only need to be registered once in the BioStore database. BioStore then links to an organisation’s database so that additions or changes to user accounts are reflected in all applications.
BioStore works with a wide range of identification methods, including:
- You can enhance your OPAC by subscribing to “more information” about each book. Wherever there are summaries, table of contents, reviews, first chapters and cover images available on the Syndetic Solutions databases, a “more info” link appears in the Softlink system OPAC. The user can then opt to view that additional information “live” by clicking on the link.
Syndetic Solutions – Bowker
eZRead for OverDrive
eZRead modules are also available for Wheelers, EBL and Browns.
Mobile App – Library Link
The Library Link Mobile App is suitable for small screen, small device use such as smart phones, it is not required for tablets/iPads.
Our knowledge, content and library system knows which books in your library catalogue have associated quizzes and indicates their level of difficulty and number of points that will be scored. The students can search and locate the books that have quizzes and are within their expected difficulty level.
Benefits of Accelerated Reader:
Web Services API